Subject: Re: Is SUN a viable market?
From: [email-masked] (Richard Willkomm)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 1996 23:14:57 -0700

In a message of 19 Apr 96 Lightwave List  wrote to All:

 LL>   However, I do agree with you.  So far, Newtek has proved that it
 LL> could
 LL>   not cope with 3 platforms, as the complaints from some Alpha/MIPS
 LL> users
 LL>   without their final 4.0; the Amiga users with an extremely buggy 4.0;
 LL>   and the SGI users with no support; seem to confirm.
 LL>   Will they now be able to support 6 different platforms?

So I think it's obvious that Newtek is just putting effort in the
Intel version. Since that's the most sold version of V4 I think it's
safe to asume that after some time they'll have to drop other
versions. Like you said 6 (or 7 including PowerMAC) is too much. Guess
who's gonna be first ??? Right, the Amiga version. This new V5.0
version of LW has made it finally 100% clear to me that I too am gonna
jump ship and get a Wintel box.

 #--------------------|---------------------------------------------#
 #    ######  ####    | Richard Willkomm  --- Digital illusions --- #
 #    ##   ##  ##     | Gfx Co-Sysop The Hell BBS The Hague Holland #
 #    ##   ##  ##     | +31-70-3468783                              #
 #    ##   ##  ##     | e-mail : [email-masked]             #
 #    ######  ####    |     ++++++ ' KINK-FM rulez ' ++++++         #
 #--------------------|---------------------------------------------#
-- Via Xenolink 1.982, XenolinkUUCP 1.1